LATEST NEWS & EVENTS
Technological trends in the agri-food industry
The “Technological trends in the agri-food industry” report has been prepared in the framework of the “Advanced Technologies for Industry” (ATI) project, initiated by the European Commission, DG for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs and the Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises.
It analyses trends in the generation and uptake of advanced technologies, related entrepreneurial activities and skills needs in the agri-food sector with a specific emphasis on Robotics, Big Data and Internet of Things (including e-commerce and app design).
The report is structured as follows:
- The first section sets the industrial context.
- The second section analyses technological trends in advanced technologies applied in the agrifood industry based on patents and text-mining of company websites.
- The third section presents findings about private equity investment and startup/spinoff activity.
- The fourth section explores the supply and demand of skills related to advanced technologies in the agri-food industry.
- The fifth section concludes with a short future outlook.